Calendar of events: October 19, 2021 | News capsules
– A new series of social dances will take place at the Sutter Theater Center for the Arts, 754 Plumas St., Yuba City, every Tuesday in October. Professionals Amanda and Tim Davis will begin with a series of West Coast Swing events. It is a couple dance with roots dating back to the 1940s and 1950s, stemming from the traditions of jazz, blues and even country music leading to rock and roll. Classes are from 6.30 p.m. to 7 p.m. and dance from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
– Yuba City Council will hold a meeting in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 1201 Civic Center Blvd., Yuba City, starting at 6 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.yubacity.net.
– The Yuba City Unified School District Board of Directors will hold a special meeting at the YCUSD Board Chamber, 750 Palora Avenue, Yuba City, starting at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.ycusd.org/agendas.
– The Sutter County Health and Welfare Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at 1160 Civic Center Blvd., Suite A, Yuba City. For more information, visit www.suttercounty.org.
– The Sutter Youth Organization (SYO) holds its semi-annual fall meeting at Ellwood Munger Hall at the corner of Butte House Road and Acacia St., Sutter, starting at 7 p.m. Upcoming events and fundraising possibilities will be discussed. All SYO supporters and members are invited. For more information, contact 237-7957 or 755-0445.
– The Yuba City Early Risers Kiwanis Club will meet at 6:45 a.m. at Carmine’s, 229 Clark Ave., Yuba City. The club meets every Tuesday morning.
– The Good Vibrations Square Dance Club will meet at the Marysville Veterans Memorial Center, 211 17th St., Marysville from 7 pm to 8:30 pm Come learn to dance in the social square. The group will meet every Tuesday. For more information, visit https://tinyurl.com/6y77m7u8.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
– The Al-Anon Twin Cities will meet from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Bride Church, 1321 Peach Tree Lane, Yuba City. For more information, call 334-6734.
– New Beginnings Codependents Anonymous will meet at 7 p.m. at Cornerstone Community Church, 700 Washington Ave., Yuba City. For more information, call 530-275-1478.
– The Wheatland High School blood drive will be held in the school gymnasium, 1010 Wheatland Road, Wheatland, from 9 am to 1:30 pm Face coverings are required to donate if a person does not. is not fully vaccinated and dating is encouraged to accommodate social distancing. To make an appointment, call Vitalant at 893-5433 or visit donors.vitalant.org.
– Sutter-Yuba-Colusa UC Cooperative Extension will host an IPM meeting of local producers in the Ag building, 142 Garden Highway, Yuba City, from 9 a.m. to noon. The meeting is free and will focus primarily on pest control and pesticide safety.
– The Sutter County Planning Commission will be holding a meeting at 1201 Civic Center Blvd., Yuba City, starting at 6 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.suttercounty.org.
– The Live Oak City Council will hold a special meeting in the Live Oak City Council Chamber, 9955 Live Oak Blvd., Live Oak, starting at 7 p.m. For more information or to view the agenda, visit www.liveoakcity.org.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
– Al-Anon will meet from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at The Bride Church, 1321 Peach Tree Lane, Yuba City. For more information, call 334-6734.
We hope you find this daily calendar of local events useful. You can help us by notifying us of any event that should be listed for the general public. Email us at [email protected] or call 749-6552. Make sure to provide your contact details. Thank you!
(Are you a club or organization that meets regularly? We can include that… let us know.)