Dancers strut their stuff at Battle of the Giants
Dexter Dance School’s Jayden Luyt, Neriah Tobi and Cassidy Cheong are all national champions after their scintillating performances at the Battle of the Giants national dance competition at Sun City’s Super Bowl on the weekend of April 23-24.
Luyt was the star performer, as he pocketed six medals: two gold, one silver and three bronze.
Tobi won two gold, one silver and two bronze medals, while Cheong won one silver and one bronze.
Dexter Manzana was impressed with the performance of his students.
“The competition was just amazing, with some really tough competitive challenges. Our dancers performed incredibly well, representing Ekurhuleni in the ‘All the world circuit’, which is the highest level of completion in the event,” said Manzana.
Other notable artists of the Manzana school include:
• Belinda Derbyshire – two silver medals
• George Castic-Jara – a silver medal
• Andiswa Dungele – sixth place, fifth place and fourth place
• Chelsea Philpott – fourth place
• Bianca Oosthuizen – one bronze medal, sixth place and fourth place
• Jordyn Philpott – a bronze medal and fourth place
Also read: Husband and wife duo of Comet crowned champions of Dancing Under African Skies
Also read: Watch: St Dominic tap dancing star shines bright in Germany