Meetings of Monday March 7 | Print specifications
Tupelo residents living south of Main Street will have a recycling pickup on Wednesday. Residents north of Main Street will have a pickup next Wednesday.
• The Lee County Board of Supervisors meets the first and third Monday of each month at 9:00 a.m. at the Board of Supervisors office at 300 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38804.
• The Tupelo City Council meets the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Tupelo City Hall Council Chambers, 71 E. Troy St., Tupelo, MS 38804.
All meetings of the colleges of aldermen in the respective town halls:
Baldwyn • First Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Guntown • First Tuesday of the month
Nettleton • First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
Plantersville • First Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Saltillo • First Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Shannon • First Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
Sherman • First Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Verona • First Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
• The AARP Tupelo Chapter will meet the first Wednesday of every month in the Helen Foster Auditorium at the Lee County Library in Tupelo. The meeting is open to residents of Tupelo, Lee County and surrounding counties. Call Henry Cobb at (662) 231-3507 or Lonnice C. Mitchell at (662) 566-7818.
• Al-Anon is a mutual support group of peers who share their experience in applying Al-Anon principles to issues related to the effects of heavy drinking in their lives. The Peace Seekers Al-Anon group meets every Wednesday at noon at the Calvary Baptist Church Family Life Center, 501 W. Main St., Tupelo. For more information, contact Bob W. at (662) 401-8094.
• American Legion Post 51 in Fulton meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month. Bring a covered dish for dinner. Dial (662) 862-9230.
• BSF will begin their Book of Genesis study on September 17, but due to COVID-19, we will begin online. The group leaders will contact you and help you connect. Interested? Call 662-844-0427.
• The Women’s Bible Studies Fellowship meets Thursdays from 9:00-10:30 am September through May. The host church is The Orchard, 1379 Coley Road in Tupelo. For more information, call (662) 844-0427 or visit bsfinternational.org.
• The Biggersville Dulcimer Club meets at 5:30 pm on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Biggersville Pentecostal Church on the highway. 45 N., Biggersville. Call (662) 287-1054.
• Boone Country Dulcimers meet at 6:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of each month at the Landmark Community Assisted Living Center in the old high school at 701 W. Church St., Booneville. Call (662) 728-5448 or email [email protected]
• Concerned Citizens For Justice meets at 6:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at the AM Strange Library, North Spring Street, Tupelo. Call James Brim (662) 871-2531.
• Conservative Women in Action (CWIA) meets from noon to 2 pm on the second Tuesday of each month at the Deli McAlister in Tupelo. CWIA is a group of women dedicated to “Making a Difference, One Change at a Time”.
• The Crosstown Dulcimer Guild meets 6-8 pm the first and third Mondays of each month at the Tupelo Baptist Church, 1406 Eckford St. Call (662) 842-8318.
• The Fairfield Dulcimer Club meets at 6:00 pm on the first and third Thursday of each month at Fairfield Presbyterian Church in Blue Springs. For more information, call (662) 534-8822.
• The gathering is held at the Carolina United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall on the first Tuesday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There are community speakers, devotions, potluck, bingo and dominoes. Contact Patti Powell at (662) 760-7308.
• The Green Tee Neighborhood Association meets from 6-7 pm on the second Monday of each month at the Boys and Girls Club on Willie Moore Road. For more information, call Gladys Betts (662) 566-2075.
• The GumTree Quilters Guild meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at All Saints Episcopal Church, 608 W. Jefferson St., Tupelo. Anyone interested in the art of quilting is encouraged to attend. For more information, contact President Carolyn Terry at (512) 864-4018 or [email protected]; or Marcelle Bethany at (662) 680-3160.
• The Gum Tree Woodworkers Club meets the first Tuesday of every month at 6:00 pm at the Old West Fish and Steak Restaurant. All carpenters in the region are invited to attend.
• Indivisible Northeast Mississippi: Grassroots, nonpartisan organization of politically progressive voters in the First Congressional District. We follow the Indivisible.com guide. Indivisible meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Link Center (West Entrance on Douglas Street) at 5:30 p.m. The meeting starts at 6 p.m. Call MJ at (251)-597-7979 for more information.
• The Lee Acres Neighborhood Association meets the third Thursday of each month, except December. Meetings are held at Lawndale Presbyterian Church in Tupelo at 6 p.m. For more information, call Donna Wardlaw at 662-372-1277.
• The Lee County Community Citizen Club meets at 9:00 am on the second Saturday of each month at Verona City Hall. For more information, contact Sherry Garrett at (662) 231-4377.
• The Lee County Republican Club meets at 6:00 p.m. on the second Monday of each month (except December) at Bar-BQ by Jim’s Restaurant, 203 Commerce St., Tupelo.
• The Lee County Chapter of the National Council of Negro Women meets at 6 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the AM Strange Library on North Spring Street in Tupelo.
• The Lee County Shriners meet the first Tuesday of every month at the Shrine Club in Tupelo. Meetings include a meal and an agenda.
• The Magnolia Dulcimer Club meets at 6:00 p.m. on the first and third Mondays of each month at First Presbyterian Church, 919 Shiloh Road, Corinth. Call Larry Kendall at (662) 728-4675 or Jan Pike at (662) 665-1871 or email [email protected]
• The Marine Corps League, Detachment GH Vaughn meets at 7:00 p.m. on the second Monday of each month. Call (662) 272-5292 or (662) 327-4016.
• The Mindful Moments Mindfulness group meets 6-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Conscious Healing Therapies group room, 302 S. Spring St., Tupelo. Free, but love offerings are accepted for community donations. For more information, call (662) 841-8020.
• Active and retired national federal employees will no longer meet until September.
• Newborns in Need meets from 9 am to 2 pm the second Saturday of each month at Saltillo City Hall and the fourth Friday of each month at the Lee County Baptist Association. They provide handmade sleepers, dresses, quilts and blankets, funeral layettes and other necessities for babies facing a health or economic crisis. Open to the public, the group asks people to bring sewing machines, sergers and scissors, as well as a covered dish and drink for lunch.
• The Northeast Commission on Mental Health and Mental Retardation meets at noon on the last Thursday of each month at the Chemical Addiction Unit, 920 Boone St., Tupelo.
• The Oxford Dulcimer Club meets at 6:00 pm on the second and fourth Thursdays of each at the Peace Lutheran Church in Oxford. Call (662) 234-3571.
• The Pontotoc Ridge Dulcimer Club meets at 6:00 pm on the first and third Thursday of each month at the Pontotoc Library. Call (662) 489-5724.
• The Presley Heights Neighborhood Association meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the JT Neely Building in Veterans Park.
• The Ratliff RCDC meets at 7:00 pm on the first Monday of each month. A potluck dinner will be held at the start of the meeting. Visitors are welcome.
• Richmond Lodge 97 Free and Accepted Masons meet at 7:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at Lodge Hall in the Evergreen community.
• The Rotary Club of Tupelo meets every Monday at noon, except holidays, at Calvary Baptist Church, 501 Main Street, Tupelo. Contact (662) 231-2995 or [email protected]tupelorotary.com.
• Rotary’s satellite meeting is held from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays at the Bulldog Burger in Tupelo. Contact (662) 231-1401 or [email protected]
• Elders meet at 10:00 am on the first Monday of each month at the New Site Volunteer Fire Department.
• Tippah Dulcimer Guild meets at 6:00 pm on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at the Ripley Public Library. Every fifth Tuesday, the guild meets at 6 p.m. at Shirley’s Restaurant in Ripley. Call (731) 609-9349.
• The Tupelo Ballroom Dance Club meets from 7:30 to 9 p.m. every Monday at the Dance Studio at 108 N. Spring St., next to Sprint Print. The dances, which are at the beginner level, are free and open to the public.
• Tupelo Christian Women’s Club, sponsored by Stonecroft Ministries of Kansas City, Mo., is a club where women connect with God, each other and their communities through meetings and Bible studies. The club meets at 11:30 a.m., with a buffet lunch at 11 a.m., the second Tuesday of each month at the Tupelo Country Club. Dial (662) 844-5258 or (662) 869-5784.
• The Tupelo Duplicate Bridge Club meets at 1:00 pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Bel-Air Center in Tupelo. Call Suzi Rogers at (662) 346-4284 or Jeremy Herndon at (662) 321-1261.
• Tupelo Evening Civitan Club meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month at American Legion Post 49. Call (662) 871-8994 or (662) 213-3024 or email kppro77 @gmail.com.
• The Tupelo Kennel Club meets at 6:00 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at McAlister’s Restaurant in Tupelo. For more information, call Tere Woody at (662) 416-1392.
• The Tupelo Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the New China Buffet, 3877 N. Gloster St., Tupelo. For more information, call (662) 231-2565.
• Tupelo Luncheon Civitan Club meets at 11:30 am every Thursday at Anchor Church in Verona. Call Marla Elmore at (662) 397-6747 for more information.
• The Tupelo Parks and Recreation Department Young At Heart Club meets from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. at the Tupelo Bel-Air Center every Thursday, except the 5th Thursday. Casual outfit. The meeting includes live music and dancing. Admission is $5 for a regular meeting and $7 for a catered meeting. No smoking or drinking. For more information, call (662) 587-3514.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars will meet the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at 1748 Mitchell Road in Tupelo for a free lunch followed by a meeting. For more information, call (662) 842-8732. We need your involvement.