NORWOOD: what’s going on today (Wednesday October 6)
Happy Wednesday, Norwood! Let all of you catch up to start today on an informed note.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Warmer with clouds and sun. High: 70 Low: 49.
Here are the best stories today in Norwood:
- Norwood Police Announce Resident Check Lured by Mail Fishing Scam (Norwood patch)
- Janey calls for more bodegas and convenience stores to join Double Up Food Buck program (Jamaica Plain Gazette)
- October now National Italian-American Heritage Month in Wellesley (Wicked Local)
- Dorchester’s New Kids on the Block announce 2022 tour (Boston.com)
- NEEDHAM STORY: Meet the remarkable and versatile Galen Orr (Wicked Local)
- Former Boston cop from Quincy, former union leader, admits defrauding overtime scandal (The Patriot Ledger)
Today’s Norwood Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
- Balanced power take-off: “Join us on 10/15! Monster Mash is back at Balch!” (Facebook)
- NORWOOD RECREATION DEPARTMENT: “WOW! Check out all the new art classes we are offering with our instructor Hiba !! Registrations open tomorrow for classes, don’t wait too long! We can’t wait!” (Facebook)
- NORWOOD RECREATION DEPARTMENT: “We’re almost there !!! WEEK-END FALL FEST! Pre-registration is required for: Sock Hop – Thursday at Ivatts Tennis Courts turning 70! 6 pm-7.30pm Friday: Kids Night Out, Dj, costume contest, pizza, games and more! Saturday 6pm to 8.30pm: Tru … “(Facebook)
- Norwood Community Media – MR: “LIVE AT 19PM: Norwood Planning Board. Watch it live on the government channel NCM or stream live at http://reflect-npa.cablecast.tv/cablecastapi/live?channel_id=3&use_cdn=true” (Facebook)
- Morrill Memorial Library: “The alphabet can be fun to learn, when you learn it ‘little by little’! To register for this virtual program, please visit: https://norwoodlibrary.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/alphabits-84/ “(Facebook)
- Norwood Community Media – MR: “DID YOU KNOW? In addition to watching the latest government coverage on NCM, you can also find the latest On Demand Meetings at norwoodcommunitymedia.org just CLICK the Government On Demand button! ” (Facebook)
- NORWOOD RECREATION DEPARTMENT: “Last chance for dance school registration! Registration will close at the end of this week. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. I’ll see you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Mary ellen gambon
About me: I am a freelance publisher from Massachusetts covering the towns of Canton, Dedham, Norwood, Westwood, and Walpole, MA. I am originally from Boston and began my career as a journalist in 1994. I graduated from Boston University where I obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and political science. In 2002, I obtained a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Massachusetts in Boston. I am a Pulliam Fellow 1994, a national award given to 10 university graduates who pursue careers in journalism. I was previously a reporter for Gazette Publications, Inc., The Dedham TImes, The Daily Transcript and The Parkway-West Roxbury Transcript. For the past four years, I have been a freelance journalist with Bulletin Newspapers, Inc. and Gannett, Inc. covering Greater Boston. I also write for The Hopkinton Independent.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Norwood Daily? Email me at [email protected]